Here is a list of just some of the areas where we usually need assistance. If you have other suggestions, feel free to share them with us.
Volunteer Opportunities at Our East Honolulu Intervention Center
Looking to volunteer at our East Honolulu clinic, located in Hawaiʻi Kai? We’re always in need of dedicated individuals to assist with events, come up with creative ideas for future events and fundraisers, and work hands-on with the animals. Volunteers at the clinic are needed to assist with walking the dogs, brushing the cats, playing with the kittens… and, well, a lot of cleaning and laundry.
We are especially in need of people to walk our adoption dogs and spend quality time with them, as they don’t have yards of their own to run around in… yet. ;)
Here’s some of the other things we need help with:
- Litter box scooping
- Dog walks
- Kennel change-outs
- Sweeping and mopping
- General cleaning
It’s a tough, dirty job, but hardly thankless: our small and very busy staff (and the animals!) always appreciate the efforts of our all-star volunteers. It also comes with the benefit of knowing that you’re contributing to a good cause, and giving our in-house adoption animals and hospitalized patients a little extra TLC that they might not get otherwise.
Other Ways to Volunteer Your Time
If the physical tasks aren’t right for you, or if you’d like to pursue more creative endeavors or even volunteer from home, we need help with these sorts of office/clerical tasks, too:
- Content creation and photography for our web site and social media outlets
- Design assistance for posters, flyers, and other media related to our adoptions program
- Posting flyers in local shopping centers, pet stores, and other public areas, with permission
- Introducing our animals to the community at local PETCO Stores in Hawaiʻi (and filing the necessary paperwork)
- Researching grants and securing donations from large organizations
- Updating our Facebook page and creating Craigslist postings in support of special events and adoptions
- Helping out at special events to raise money for the Foundation and spread the word about our adoptions program
- and more…
If you’re ready to help out, please print out and complete our volunteer application and either send it back by postal mail or drop it off at our office in Hawaiʻi Kai. If you have questions, please e-mail our Adoptions/Events Coordinator, Robyn, at firstname.lastname@example.org.