How You Can Help
Animal CARE Foundation is a vegan, no-kill, non-profit animal rescue organization which also provides full-service veterinary services. Our primary concern as an organization is for the well-being of the animals in our care as well as those disadvantaged or at risk elsewhere on the island of Oahu. As our operations are not profit-driven, assistance from private donors and volunteers is continually required to fulfill our mission.
Financial donations help us to expand our rescue services such as free spaying & neutering and emergency medical treatment for homeless animals. Without monetary support from the public, we couldn’t afford to stay in business assisting these animals in need, who come from impoverished neighborhoods and yet deserve proper medical treatment just as much as anyone else.
If you are not able to contribute on a monetary level, we also accept animal food donations, cat litter, linens, towels (the bigger, the better), pet beds, etc. Anything that we might not be able to use at the clinic, we pass on to the rescue organizations that we provide care for—who also need the assistance. As ACF operates on a very minimal budget—in particular when it comes to community outreach, advertising, and social media—there are also a great many ways you can make a difference with donations of your time, such as helping with events, social media, and maintaining online adoption profiles for our many adoptable animals.
Mahalo for your support!
Ways to Help
- Use ACF for your regular veterinary care. Proceeds benefit the disadvantaged.
- Volunteer, either by lending a hand at ACF’s East Honolulu Intervention Center, or with events, web site maintenance, or social media postings
- Donate money, needed supplies, toys and other environmentally enriching items
- Apply for a Capital One ACF credit card (opens in a new window/tab): a percentage of the purchases on that card will go directly to ACF. It works, we’ve gotten the checks to prove it!
- Sponsor an animal
- Provide foster care
- Follow ACF on Facebook, and tell your friends about us!
If you have any questions that don’t fall precisely into one of the above categories, please don’t hesitate to drop us an email at email@example.com or use the contact form right on this web site.